Focus Stacked Macro Rose
100 individually stacked JPG (I didn't use RAW for this test). This of course translates into not giving me a whole lot of latitude for post processing.
- 100 steps
- 3s delay between each shot
- mirror lock-up and electronic front curtain shutter enabled
- beauty dish camera/subject left with strobe ~70cm distant
- Nikkor 105mm 2.8 macro lens @F10
- Stackshot rail system
What I learned about photographing plants; they move A LOT in a short amount of time. Aligning the images still posed a bit of a challenge. I also screwed up my initial focus and it threw the sharpness off for the rest of the image. More playing and learning to come.
Next step: glycerine water mix to create water droplets/beads, and nail focus. Potentially adjust light.